Idle too high. How do I adjust

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 01:09:14 GMT 2001

In a message dated 9/5/2001 2:00:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Temp-Gold at HighlandsIns.com writes:

> Im not up on all the lingo, but Im assuming the VSS is the speed sensor. If
>  so, I do not have it connected to anything. Are you thinking this effects
>  upper rpm or idle? I dont have the gear selector connected either. Isnt
this
>  a neutral/park indicator? Could the VSS limit the rpm to 4200?

Are you sure its a 1227747 and not a 7427? I'm running a 7427 PCM and it has
an RPM limit of 4200 right now. Tunercat says its due to an error condition,
but gave me the addresses to raise the limits. If you are using a 7747, then
it may be that the lack of a VSS (speed sensor) is also limiting your RPM,
although I never had a problem with an RPM limit on the 7747.  JW