Lenix vs. Windows?? and MORE!!

Dan Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:19:45 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: Lenix vs. Windows?? and MORE!!

> "> Run Diacom, GMEPro, and Direct scan all in DOS anyway.
> > Bruce"
>
>     I saw a guy
> at the strip the other day in a GN. He was tuning his car every run from
his
> laptop. What does it take to do this??

Im not that familiar with the GN's but im sure whichever c3 ecm they use is
well hacked..."Burning" a chip simply means changing the settings in your
eprom...Most likely he used tuning software like winbin or tunercat  to
change settings with, and an eprom programmer to write the changed data to
the eprom..Then simply reinstall eprom back in ecm and make another run...I
never burn my original, just the used ones I got at astro's....

It was'nt that long ago I was asking same simple questions... All that
should be well described in the archives,prog.101, or is probably in a faq
at the diy site by now...

Just the systems listed above?? Or
> does it take a special type of Chip?? It seems with all the "Burning" of
> chips on the list that confuses me, why one would need to "Burn" anything.
> Cant you just Bootup and change things and they stay that way?? Sorry for
> being such a rookie, but atleast if I ask all the stupid questions, other
> rookie "Lurkers" wont have to type or feel stupid!! =)
>  TIA
>     Justin
> PS I already D-loaded Notespad per another lister. What else do I need to
get
> started??

Eprom programmer, www.xtronics.com  plenty used eproms,( same type as yours)
Astro's electronics 321- 727 -9010, a laptop,or scantool, and compatible
software www.tunercat.com depending whichever type/year ecm you have...
Dan