$A1 (16196404 BFUZ) ECU file?

Jay Vessels jwvess00 at home.com
Sat Sep 8 20:59:37 GMT 2001

Hi there!

>    May want to take a look at some of the older Camaro/bird 3.1 work, the
>azty bcc has been hacked on a bit.

I grabbed a 3.1 Camaro .bin and .ecu file, but the map ID is different.  I
don't know how close it will line up.  The 3.1 F-body is a bit different in
that they have iron heads, different intake, etc.  ECM's the same, but I
don't know if the map ID is different only because of the calibration or if
locations are drastically different.  I'm really new to the firmware side
of GM's ECMs.

>    That BCC you have is quite rare, and would probably be of interest to
>many of us V6 hobbyists.

How do I post my .BIN to the FTP site?  Anything I should know before I try?

>    The switch to the P6 in 1995 would make that one of the very latest OBDI
>bins available for the VIN T. Many 94's also used the P6.
>Its also listed as using the manual trans, is this correct?

1994 was the last year of that body style for the J, so I figure GM didn't
want to bother putting the 3100 in it.  I think it's the last year for a
GenII engine in the U.S.

Yes, my car has a Getrag 282 5-speed.  It took me 6 months to find a
5-speed convertible I liked.  I wanted either a BMW 325ci or a Cavalier.
Seems like every convertible I found was an automatic, and the 5-speed cars
I did find were either sold when I got there, or poorly reassembled rebuilds.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Conv., 3.1V6 MPI