problems with Diacom and LT1

NickG nikog at mediaone.net
Sun Sep 9 00:07:43 GMT 2001

I'm having trouble getting Diacom to link to a 16159278 LT1 ECM. In a
nutshell, it just won't link.

Now, the ECM install is not OEM. It's an LT1 engine and ECM installed in a
60's Nova (I believe using an aftermarket harness). I've tried linking in
all the possible modes (ALDL, Diagnostic, Normal, etc.) and nothing. I do
hear a relay clicking on when trying to link (and off when hitting the ESC
key).

Does anybody have any tips on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Nick