Finding injector rate ($a1 stuff)

Jeremy Gonyou jeremygonyou at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 15:36:33 GMT 2001

> The auto tranny stuff is at 0x05A2 (If I am typing
> that wrong...its at the
> hex value of 05A2).  Stall torque managment spark
> advance vs RPM and ratio
> counts. Then there are some more tables, negative
> RPM delta enable threshold
> for shift energy spark retard 1-2 upshift vs RPM.
> these types of tables go
> to 06BE.

Ah, I think I'm with ya now.

> Id share, but i swore I wouldn't until I made a
> complete .ecu (the only
> conditions that I can give it up is in .ecu form).
> Im lucky to have the
> tables as they are.

This isn't your hack?  Who did it?

> For example, your initial spark advance is at 1b,
> when that is the spark
> reference angle.  The intial spark advance is at 13,
> with a value of 19 on
> mine.  I assume A1 is A1, no matter what car its in.

You're right, and I should apologize.  I forgot to add
my standard disclaimer.  Everything I do is based off
$88 code.  Some of the stuff might still have the
wrong addresses.

> I have uploaded what I already have for winbin in
> the incoming directory.
> You can see what I have so far.  If you don't mind,
> id rather just edit
> yours and then you can see how it matches up with
> your .bin.

That's fine and I already downloaded your file.

> I also have shift point tables from 10DA to 1262,
> well, tables and flags and
> whatever else, but that is the area for the shift
> points and related items.
> I don't know if it was every used or not though,
> since the 93 grand prix
> switches to some other code (and its the first year
> for the electronically
> controlled tranny in a W body car).

Here's where you lose me.  I'm familiar with $A1 as
I've seen it in cavaliers, sunbirds, corsicas, and
berettas.  None of which had the 4t60e.  Are you
saying that GM included the electronic trans control
in $A1, but didn't implement until a later mask?

> I have upgraded to 19# mustang injectors on my 3.1,
> since I was running lean
> on stock code.

In that case I would set the BPC somewhere around 180
decimal.  For reference, the 22 lb/hr injectors have a
BPC of 174.

> Im really
> in need of the AUSJ
> .bin, since my stock chip crapped out and im using
> the ADS chip code and
> backtracking to stock whenver I find changes I
> haven't made.

Do you have an auto?  I would think that BFUZ would
work OK for you.  Refresh my memory... You're driving
a Grand prix with a worked over 3.1?

Jeremy