wb lcd display

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Tue Sep 11 06:28:45 GMT 2001

I just got one of those KC5300 Fuel Mixture Meter Kits
from Jaycar today.   Looks like a pretty reasonable
assembly.  It could be used to display the WB Vout
in digital format, if someone is up to writing code for
the PIC 16F84.  Would save building something from
scratch.  Probably needs some kind of voltage scaling
at the input too.

As originally designed, it used a Bosch EGO sensor.
The idea that this is a wideband unit is really a stretch; I
would have little confidence in the displayed value outside
of 13.5:1 to 16:1.  It is a big step ahead of those 10 LED
displays you connect to a typical NB sensor.  It is just a
display; there are no sensor support circuits of the type
provided by the WB project.

Bruce Roe