Idle too high. How do I adjust

Dan Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:50:58 GMT 2001

Bottom line: Does ecm use vss to determine eng. load?? If so I dont see how
a car/truck ecm could be made to easily work on a boat..I say 14.7 to 1 is
way to lean, even at steady cruise, ( 19-23 mph hull just planing)...eng
load for a car is much less...If only map, tps and rpm are used I think I
could see how this might work though...
what/how to send vss a signal though? mount a speedo cable to prop? Or the
magnetic sensor type, I dunno if  that'll work underwater though? prop rpm
is same as eng rpm (I think)...In neutral prop shaft is the only shaft not
in motion..You want neutral switch hooked to gear selector..somehow...
All unused tables in the bin would have to be zeroed...I see lots and lots
of chip burning here unless you get really lucky, ( if its right the 1st
time Id buy a lottery ticket)
Dan