Know your enemy, and then what?

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Sep 14 13:45:24 GMT 2001

The recent disasters will take a long time to totally be realized.
Having grown up in a US military family, I was saddened by the fact
that our media has pretty much forgotten about the folks who
let uncle sam tell them where (on earth) to live, eat and sh*t for years.
You know, the people that will be called upon to avenge this madness..
The Pentagon was not just a symbol, but also an office full of people.
The military community is very much like that of police & fire.
They are guilded together by the simple fact that the rest of
society has NO CLUE what their life is like.
It would be nice if we could drop a bomb that removes people
based on their associates or their recent activity, but that won't happen.
 I think too much about this, but my government let me down over the past
20-30 years.  Somehow, while we crowned ourselves as "the only
word power", we ignored, and often contributed to, the suffering of large
groups of people.  Our elected officials chose to finance bad
regimes for the sake of oil & cash.  When the shit hits the fan,
THEIR kids & spouses are grabbed & taken to safe
"undisclosed locations", while my fellow citizens, who work in
buildings like the World Trade Center, burn to death because
their own government failed them miserably at some point.
A government has no more important responsibility than to
protect its people.  Notice, I didn't say avenge their death,
although that sounds very good right now..
Our estemmed elected officials will have our military brother & sisters
 drop bombs for a while and then tell us the problem is fixed.
Fixed as with Sadam or Momar?  These folks just lowered their profile
a bit and kept going.  They are still working against us, and now we've
killed some of their friends & family just to strengthen their resolve..
Our enemies don't live in a "safe" free country where everyone
has a family and a job.  Many became orphans courtesy of the
US or israel, so their life's purpose is fairly evident..
Did we bomb the determination out of them?
Did THEY bomb the determination out of us?.
They aren't going to stand up & be counted.  They are survivors
that have already lived through things that we can't imagine.
We (most of us) choose life over death. Our adversary believes exactly
the opposite, and he *WANTS TO DIE* making his mark on us!.
He trains for years  just to have a single opportunity to do it...
He is not gathered in a city block with his fellow terrorists waiting
for our napalm or nuclear gift.  Actually, all the training grounds in
 <fill in the blank>istan are totally and completely deserted right now.
The perps have gone underground again.
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Pakistan, Turkey, Oman, Yemen
and Jordan all have government officials that will denounce
the WTC disaster while their citizens dance in the streets and cheer.
At what point in history did so many people start to hate us so deeply?
Will you solve this dilema with more bombs & technology?
One guy (and his buddies) used OUR OWN TECHNOLOGY like a
surgeon to kick our asses a few days ago.   Sure, we'll vaporize him,
but he is an icon to the above mentioned populations and there will be
a thousand more stepping in to replace him.  Then we'll bomb again.
Sorta like Israel and the Palestinians.  The more
it escalates, the greater the number of people who lose a family
member and want to exterminate the other side..
 It just goes on, and on, and on, exponentially.
 I wish to god we had the answer.
We won't solve this with bigger bombs, or having
our enemy over to the White House for dinner and a chat.
Meanwhile, they are trying to board more of our planes
posing as pilots and crew.  They are not done and
 niether are we.  This is a deadly chess game where
one side doesn't follow any rules at all.
Most of us will survive though.
Mike V