Know your enemy, and then what?

AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 17:33:47 GMT 2001

In a message dated 09/17/2001 9:15:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gary.heuston at afwa.af.mil writes:

The biggest worry when it comes to Nuclear weapons is a Nuclear Winter...thats
when so many Nuclear weapons have been detonated that the ash and dust thrown
up
actually obscures the sun and causes a blackout condition on Earth,
essentially
killing off all life...I don't remember how many would have to be thrown for
this to happen, but it is a lot.

  Most of them. And secondly, proper atmospheric detonation does not stir up
much more then the Mushroom Cloud. You all have to remember the side effects
of Atmospheric Detonation of Intercontinental Ballistic Weapons.
1). There are multiple automatic anti ICBM installations both on the planet
and on stationary earth orbit satellites. To stop each of our "Nukes" from
getting answered by all other major powers also posesing "Nukes" would
require them shutting down their automated defenses!! GOOD LUCK!!
2). Any planetary launch could possibly cause a Nuclear Holocaust.
3). The massive release of energy causes disruption, or altogether failure of
many electronic and other communications devices all over the planet. This
radiation bounces off the atmosphere and "Echo's" multiple times around the
world.
4).  Satellites can be knocked out of orbit, and instrumentation on aircraft
failures even 100s of miles away. Not to remention all the other obvious side
effects.
   I think that if we use any weapon of mass destruction we should use city
killers made of conventional explosives. Like they use to exterminate areas
infected by germ warfare. If you have seen the movie "Outbreak" then you know
what IM talking about. I believe Thermite Plasma rings a bell?? Also, our
present day Intercontinental Cruise missiles can carry a wide variety of
warheads. From Napalm, to cluster bombs, germ agents, and antipersonnel
mines, yes even Thermonuclear.  I think it would take several cruise missiles
to rival the cost of one Nuke. No American would even have to step foot on
enemy soil. Nuf said.
  Justin