Wide Band O2 sensor parts kits

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Sep 27 00:28:35 GMT 2001

Craig M. wrote:

> > Bob Valentine wrote:
> > > Hey, mabye we'll start a new fad - cars with WB02's in the tailpipes.
> > > Sure would beat the oh so popular "chrome coffee can" look.
> > Beat it?  Naah...  I'm gonna mount my WBO2 _in_ a chrome coffee can.
> Gotta
> > sneak up on those rice boys, otherwise they run away too fast.
> > Shannen
>
> I wonder how much HP the WBO2 gives you????
>
> Let's see,
>
> 'Type R' sticker on the bumper = 100HP
>
> WBO2 in the tailpipe = 150HP???

WBO2 = "Mystery HP", not yet reported by the magazines.  But it generally equals
about 4 chassis dyno hp or 48 track hp (they are different).  I don't have the
actual conversion factor between street hp and track hp, so I'll say your guess
is probably accurate.  Plus, you need to remember that WBO2 HP is generally
increased by the square of the diameter of the chrome coffee can exhaust tip, so
the limits are really exponential.

Shannen