[Gmecm] EST on the 808/165

Andrew Huxtable, IT Support, Lonsdale ahuxtable
Thu Apr 7 00:25:27 UTC 2005

Guys,

            I've got a bit of a question.  I have an 808 based 4Cyl car
and for some reason it keeps misfiring at about 3K+.  It's an
intermittent fault too.

I've replaced dizzy cap, rotor, plugs, leads and ignition module and the
problem remains.  The problem actually seemed to worsen when I replaced
the ignition module so I swapped it back. I'm not getting any ECM codes
though.

I have now started to log the data from the ECM to look into this
further and have noticed a couple of things that do not seem right.

1)       Around (not at) the time that it tends to misfire, the O2 goes
to 0 (single wire 02)

2)       The EST flag is constantly changing with engine running

Now, according to the doco that I have, if the engine is above 400rpm
EST should be enabled i.e it's only in fixed mode when cranking. Does
this mean that I've found the problem?  What about the o2?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

            Andrew