[Gmecm] EST on the 808/165

ahuxtable at sola.com.au ahuxtable
Sun Apr 10 23:14:48 UTC 2005

Thanks for your input Andrew.

I have not yet measured the resistance on the pickup coil - That was one of my next tests.  Earth is fine to the dizzy from what I can tell.  I double checked all the earths to make sure they had a good connection but there is a little spade connector coming off the head just under the dizzy that could prb do with a slight pinch with the pliers.  Although, when I pressed/wobbled/moved the wire, it did not make any difference.

I don't think that the problem is anything to do with the data logging - Even if it was, as soon as I went over 2k, it would enable again.

I had a similar problem in a carby car that I converted to EFI with the camira bits but that particular time it was fixed with a new alternator - Voltages were dropping too low (~10v). That is not the problem this time - I'm getting 14v @ run.

I'm gunna have a bit more of a play tonight to try and get this problem licked cos it's REALLY starting to annoy me.

Thanks,
	Andrew

From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Hopton
Sent: Sunday, 10 April 2005 7:35 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] EST on the 808/165

The manual I have (referred to in an earlier post) states that EST is also disabled if the ALDL test terminal is earthed, and RPM are below 2000..? Maybe your datalogger is pulling/loading this pin down enough to affect EST.?? Also, the problem with the O2 makes me think you could have a dodgy earth somewhere, which is contributing to both problems. Another area you could look at is the pickup coil (I am assuming you are using a reluctor-style dizzy) and it associated magnet - if you have a digital voltmeter, measure the AC generated - I think it needs to be at least 1.5v to drive the usual Bosch HEI (not 100% sure about that). (Note, the HEI module also needs to be well-earthed thru its mounting holes).? Another thing you could check is the resistance of the pickup coil- should be 500-1500 ohm and not earthed.
?