[Gmecm] Re: Running V8 with $A1 DIS code

William Lucke william.lucke
Fri Apr 15 15:45:18 UTC 2005

Sounds like you're measuring advance in distributor degrees...?
55 degrees of ignition advance is 27.5 distributor/cam degrees... which
would not be into the previous cylinder's timing...

Also, the crank timing wheel has little bearing on the signal the DIS sends
to the ECM. Quad 4's, believe it or not, also have a 6+1 timing wheel. The
Northstar has a 24+8 wheel and two sensors 27 degrees apart, but the DIS
still outputs one RP per ignition event.

DIS V6 fires every 120 crank degrees... it just fires two cylinders when it
does.

This 7730 is for a different project, not mine. Did you get my last email
about the stock N* PCM?

Will