[Gmecm] Re: Running V8 with $A1 DIS code

William Lucke william.lucke
Mon Apr 18 17:28:05 UTC 2005

Yes... On time over period. The reference signal is 5V for 120 degrees,
followed by 0V for 60 degrees. That's 66% DC.
If you're talking about *coil* duty cycle, then you need to delineate that.

So the general operational method of DIS is that the DIS module transitions
the reference signal from high to low when it begins charging the coil and
transitions from low to high when it would fire the coil, absent timing
input from the ECM... correct?

Ahh... now I see.
Because all the DIS's use the SAME coil, it needs the SAME charge time in
all applications. If the coil is charging while the reference is low, then
that explains the different duty cycles of the different reference
signals... the coil charge time at a given RPM stays the same regardless of
number of cylinders.

Will