[Gmecm] Idle problem

Programmer lwester
Mon Aug 22 16:03:30 UTC 2005

Those IAC numbers are not indicating a vacuum leak.
Check the "P/N" signal to the computer. If it's getting an 'ingear' signal when you're actually in park, you'll have a high idle. Another problem is a false VSS signal (from RFI or EMI) down the signal line to the computer (if it thinks you're on the move, the IAC counts will rise). Drop your commanded RPM values...750 doesn't really equal 750...

Lyndon.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: matthew10_5 at netzero.net
  To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 2:56 PM
  Subject: [Gmecm] Idle problem

  I have discovered that when the "CEL" flashes rapidly it means that the Eprom has a problem. It could be a bad connection or even a bad burn. Also an incorrect checksum does this. Okay back to the subjest.

  My question is two fold. One, ( Using the 7747-mine.ecu to edit my bin) I have been unable to bring my idle RPM down to 750. Every attribute that deals with engine RPM on this TBI 305 has been set to around 750 RPM. When the ECU enters the close loop mode the idle stays at 1000 RPM no matter what is done. The butterfly are set correctly and the IAC sets itself to around 30 to acheive 1000 RPM. Is there some other reason I cannot control the Idle where I want it?

  Question Two:  What is the  Differance between " VE as % {FL1} " and " VE as% {FL2} "?

  Thanks..Fred