[Gmecm] Zeitronix Zt-2

Charles McDowell charles
Sat Dec 10 17:00:40 UTC 2005

I bought one of these wideband Zt-2 O2 sensors.  It's actually been sitting
around for a long time waiting for me to get off my butt and install it.
I'm still trying to decide how to go about the install.  I noticed that the
instructions say not to install the sensor in the factory location.  Why
would that be?  Just lawyer stuff?

My real question is, has anyone simply replaced their factory/normal O2 with
a wideband unit like this?  This one has a simulated narrowband output, so a
tempting approach would be to install it in the factory spot and use the NB
output to run the computer, plus monitor the digital wideband data for
diagnostics.

The other options is to get another bung welded onto the other side and just
monitor the wideband with no direct interaction to the ECM.  I suppose I
could do that, then run the simulated and real NB signal to a switch going
to the ECM.  It'd be like a hot spare and maybe an easy way to check for O2
sensor failure.  I'm not really sure if the switch would mess up the regular
NB connection?  It's sort of a voodoo thing to me.