[Gmecm] TPS for diesel and now PCM Algorithm

Don Sauman donsauman
Sun Dec 25 08:16:53 UTC 2005

Chris

I was under the impression that it was a potentiometer as in a gas
vehicle, and might have been used to control the shift points for say a
4L80E. If that is not the case then the PCM for the 4L80E would have to
be running a fairly simple algorithm when working with a 6.2 diesel and
mechanical injector pump..

Has anyone worked this out or would like to suggest some clues?

Thanks
Don

Chris Carson wrote:

>>wouldn't know if the gasser 350 exhaust manifolds will work on diesel,
>>would you? If they will, my project just got damn near easy. :D
>>

>Yes, sir, they're precisely the same; I am running a right hand 307 manifold
>on my diesel right now. Be aware that the crossover is different from a
>standard small block, I believe, but it does bolt directly to the manifold.
>I think this allowed me to delete this pesky exhaust brake thing and my
>stock exhaust bolted directly to it (albiet I was replacing a 307 with it.)
>The O2 sensor hold, adapted down, makes an excellent location for a
>pyrometer.
>Back on topic, the TPS for the diesel is a simple switch that is closed
>between off-idle and 3/4 throttle. The TCC circuit is nothing but one
>continuous serial circuit with interruptions at the brake switch, TPS, and
>temp sensor on head bolt. If all these conditions are satisfied voltage
>should be applied to the TCC solenoid and after a built-in delay the trans
>should lock up.
>Mike V, that pic looks deceptively like familiar NE Ohio snow...am I right?
>I saw some of that a few weeks ago...
>Chris

Don Sauman MA

Documentary Photography and Video