[Gmecm] ethanol

mroof at nmt.edu mroof
Tue Jul 19 21:07:45 UTC 2005

> Ethanol is also corrosive, so you'll need to make sure there is no
> rubber or aluminum that comes in direct contact with the Ethanol. E85
> cars often have Teflon liners in their fuel lines.

This problem with aluminum is something I have been wondering about.  Does
this apply to the intake manifold, the cylinder head, and what about the
pistons?  I haven't been able to find much information on the corrosive
properties of ethanol versus pressure and concentration on aluminum.
Anyone have some links?

Thanks Morey.