[Gmecm] HT 383 w/ vortech in 96 Tahoe

Ed Grafton eds_mobile_marine_maintenance
Sat Jun 4 13:37:43 UTC 2005

I have gleaned some knowledge ( some conflicting) about the Vortech computer from this site that has been helpful.
I am getting ready to swap in a GM HT-383 engine w/ the Vortech fuel injection in my 96 Tahoe & am wondering :
1: will the injectors handle the amount of fuel needed?
2: can I change the pump & regulator to feed the demand?
3: will the Mass Air Sensor help the computer adapt to the added CI of the engine?
4: will I HAVE to reprogram the ECU?
5: has anyone already done this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
Ed