[Gmecm] IAC control??

David Haggard david
Fri Jun 10 14:28:17 UTC 2005

Here's a possibility.

If you have changed the "IAC steps vs. Coolant temp" table (controls cold-engine IAC settings), there is another couple of settings that can make it "hang" or speed up. I had this same issue myself, and found the answer.

If you have lowered the settings in that table, then you might also need to lower the "Kickdown steps."

>From the document "747 IAC Control"--
<quote>
	0x5D7: Kickdown delay timer value (seconds).
	0x5D8: Kickdown steps.

	These two together form a post-startup rpm reduction.
	The kickdown delay timer starts right after startup.
	Once the timer has expired, the IAC is extended by
	the amount of kickdown steps.

	A nuance: The kickdown steps must be less than the
	steps used in the IAC position vs. coolant table
	value (0x5F5): Otherwise kickup will occur. The
	kickdown steps are subtracted from the IAC position
	steps, and are added to a term that is decayed out.
<end quote>

When in diagnostic mode, I think these settings are ignored, and would allow normal operation.