[Gmecm] BIG CAM TUNING ON MAP

DV Fagan dvfagan
Fri Jun 17 22:36:42 UTC 2005

Zach,
People with a "HUGE RACING CAM" don't generally tune.
Without decent manifold vacuum, all they generally do
is set the temperature to enter closed loop to 255
degrees (forcing open loop). Then they mechanically
advance timing till the knock detector retard becomes
annoying.  The O2 sensor controls closed loop
operation and can be ignored.  Mechanically adjust
your fuel pressure up until you see black smoke out
the back. Have fun and go burn some fuel!!
Dennis