[Gmecm] BIG CAM TUNING ON MAP

zach fateo6
Sat Jun 18 00:25:22 UTC 2005

ok thanks for the help but do i just guess at how much advance and fuel to add?

 --- On Fri 06/17,  < Djfreggens at aol.com > wrote:
From:  [mailto: Djfreggens at aol.com]
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:28:09 EDT
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] BIG CAM TUNING ON MAP

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1498" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=role_body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"
bottomMargin=7 leftMargin=7 topMargin=7 rightMargin=7><FONT id=role_document
face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
<DIV>
<DIV>?</DIV>
<DIV>? i normally dont reply but i am today. WTF are you talking about ?
ive tuned sevral small blocks with very large camshafts with no trouble unless
there was excessive overlap like more then 24degrees or so. youll need to work
almost every table in the ecm. youll need to rework fuel and spark and all of
the accel enrich tables along with the idle conditioners. first things first
start with the fuel tables. then work spark. start conservative and dont be
surprised if the engine needs lots of spark advance dont in the low rpm low map
areas. </DIV>
<DIV>?</DIV>
<DIV>?</DIV>
<DIV>?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>?</DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 6/17/2005 6:38:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dvfagan at yahoo.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><FONT
  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=Arial color=#000000
  size=2>Zach,<BR>People with a "HUGE RACING CAM" don't generally tune.
  <BR>Without decent manifold vacuum, all they generally do<BR>is set the
  temperature to enter closed loop to 255<BR>degrees (forcing open loop). Then
  they mechanically<BR>advance timing till the knock detector retard
  becomes<BR>annoying.? The O2 sensor controls closed loop<BR>operation and
  can be ignored.? Mechanically adjust<BR>your fuel pressure up until you
  see black smoke out<BR>the back. Have fun and go burn some
  fuel!!<BR>Dennis<BR><BR>--- zach <fateo6 at excite.com> wrote:<BR><BR>>
  <BR>> <BR>> HI I CAN QUIET FIGURE OUT HOW TO TUNE FOR A BIG CAM<BR>>
  ON A MAP SYSTEM. IM RUNING A 730 ECM WITH A $58 CODE<BR>> BUT I HAVE A HUGE
  RACING CAM AND I DONT KNOW WHAT<BR>> TABLE(S) TO MODIFY OR HOW I GO ABOUT
  THAT; IS THE A<BR>> MATH FORMULA I SHOULD START WITH? <BR>> THANKS
  <BR>> ZACH<BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>?</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com