[Gmecm] '749 ECM acceptable for 4 cyl N/A applications ?

Phillip Kuhn pmkls1
Thu Jun 30 19:47:06 UTC 2005

Hi guys, I am preparing to convert my nissan 240sx
over to a GM ecm for multiple reasons that I have
already discussed in the diy-efi mailing list and I
have just a couple more questions before I begin the
swap process. Right now the car is a mostly stock
multi-port N/A 2.4 liter 4 cyl. I am eventually going
to turbo the car which is why i was going to opt for
the '749 ecm vs. the '730. I am relatively new to the
whole custom fuel injection world but I am a GM dealer
technician. I dont see any problem with running the
'749 ecm on my N/A car until I turbo it but I want to
make sure before I order one. I also would like some
opinions on some decent editing software for a
beginner and also which type of bin file would be good
to start with. Thanks for all of the infinite wisdom
youguys share. Oh and p.s. for anyone looking
interested in knowing, the connector body for the
yellow connector on a 3-connector ecm has been
discontinued through GM and I currently dont know of
any sources for one other than the scrapyard.