[Gmecm] Two '747 problems

WopOnTour wopontour
Sat Mar 12 17:33:48 UTC 2005

Well on your idle problem...
It sounds like you have a scan tool , so what are the IAC counts DOING when the idle cycling is present? If the IAC counts are also cycling then you have an input (TP,ECT, IGN REF etc) that is flakng out cold. If the IAC counts are fixed then you're getting air from somewhere else . Try carefully spraying some carb cleaner or varsol (I've also used a propane torch with a rubber hose on it for this) around the sealing points of your intake (dont forget the very back),thrttle body, including vacuum lines and fittings while it is acting up and see if you can find a spot where the engine reacts (speeds up or slows down) and you've found your leak.
HTH
WOT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Haggard
  To: nhromyak at comcast.net ; gmecm at diy-efi.org ; gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:51 PM
  Subject: RE: [Gmecm] Two '747 problems

  BLM's are between 125 and 130 all across the board.

  The fuel pump is a new in-tank unit for a 1990 TPI. Fuel filter is new. No vacuum leaks anywhere I can find. I even replaced the intake gasket to be sure. IAC shows no sign of sticking. There is no EGR, and the EGR routines are disabled by setting their thresholds at extremely high temps and speeds. (EGR is set to open at 254 mph.)

  I'll look into any and all suggestions. What I've received so far has been helpful in that it helps me think of different possibilities.

  David