[Gmecm] gm 5300 OBD2 port wiring

DV Fagan dvfagan
Sun Mar 13 06:56:03 UTC 2005

Steve,
It is possible that GM is using differential
signalling which requires two leads.  That might
explain the common coloring.  I would assume the
signals are asynchronous meaning start bits should be
discernable on an oscilliscope or serial data link
analyzer.
They might be CAN buss.  It is getting popular.
Dennis
--- Robert Fleming <robert.fleming at sbcglobal.net>