[Gmecm] tuning help

Aaron Russell aaronrus
Sun Mar 13 22:33:35 UTC 2005

well, usually the number one culplrit of a car not going into closed loop is the O2 sensors not heating up to a high enough tempertaure to opperate.. how do you have them mounted? is the exhaust stock or aftermarket? if it is aftermarket, and the sensors aren't heating up hot enough, then you may have to purchase heated O2 sensors that have a self-heating element in them.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sixpakmak15 at aol.com
  To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 1:12 PM
  Subject: [Gmecm] tuning help

  Hey everyone... I just started up my car for the first time since I rebuilt it... I'm a newby at tuning, and for some reason I can't get the car to go into closed loop.. It definately seems rich at idle, and I'm running single wire O2's... any suggestions on what to try? I've got a 93 Trans Am, using TunerCat... Thanks

  Mike