[Gmecm] Re: L31 info Part 2

matt_pekarna at datacard.com matt_pekarna
Tue Mar 15 17:58:49 UTC 2005

One more, this one with great pictures -

http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/messages/231640.html

             matt_pekarna at data
             card.com
             gmecm-bounces at diy         gmecm at diy-efi.org
             -efi.org                                                   cc

                                                                    Fax to
             03/15/2005 11:42
                                       Re: [Gmecm] Re: L31 info Part 2

             Please respond to
             gmecm at diy-efi.org

Ryan,

Likely the TSB you are referring to is the one that details the replacement
of the original "poppet" Central Sequential Fuel Injection (CSFI) "spider"
assembly with the much improved individual injector Multiple Point Fuel
Injection (MPFI) "spider" that is the service replacement when the poppet
design fails.  The service replacement assembly is a much better design,
but I believe it is still rated at the same 22 lbs/hour as the poppet
design.

Here is more information than you wanted -

http://service.gm.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/oct02/TLOct02e.html#mfi

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t199748.html

http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/messages/261393.html

http://www.pacific-audio.com/performance/messages/272076.html

http://www.car-forum.net/chevy-trucks/99066F_Is_this_GM_recall_real_87217.html

http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks/messages/68060.html

Say Ryan, I say your previous note about TunerCats software for these
trucks.  I will call you in a week or so regarding a custom program.  I
need to figure out what questions I have to ask you before I take up your
time on the phone.  You have a good web site by the way.  I appreciate the
wiring diagrams being available.

All for now.

             "SubZero350 at att.n
             et"
             <subzero350 at att.n                                          To
             et>                       <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
             gmecm-bounces at diy
             -efi.org                                               Fax to

                                                                   Subject
             03/15/2005 10:40          [Gmecm] Re: L31 info Part 2
             AM

             Please respond to
             gmecm at diy-efi.org

I believe the GMPerformanceParts Ramjet PFI intake also has the vortec bolt

pattern.  GM is selling a complete intake kit including injectors, fuel
rail, throttle body, intake, etc for about $1200 from gmpartsdirect.com.

Also, there is a GM TSB out right now concerning the CSFI truck engine fuel

injectors.  There is an "updated" replacement-retro kit that might convert
the EFI configuration to the marine-type setup.  Someone needs to check
into
this.

-ryan
www.gmtuners.com