[Gmecm] Ethanol

Olle Wilson, Skriv & Skruv olle
Sat May 7 07:24:40 UTC 2005

Thank you Luciano!

Which of the cold start systems do you prefere? I think the solution with a separate fuel backup for cold start is the most reliable one. Maybe, since the car is big, I can have 20 litre extra tank with gas, than have a chip with two calibrations and a switch to select gas or booze.

It is true that ethanol exhaust has more aldehydes than gas but the amount of percent in both cases is very, very small. And the research of aldehydes is based on home environment not the outside atmosphere. It is about glues, building material and stuff which we have around us close. So, as I have understood things, this argument against ethanol does not hold so well. It is true however that ethanol has 70 percent less toxical substances, has 80 % less influence on the global warming effect and is renewable.

Olle

http://www.skrivoskruv.se

Skriv & Skruv
Olle Wilson