[Gmecm] Closed loop

David Haggard david
Mon May 16 03:31:18 UTC 2005

Come on, guys! All I was asking was if it was possible to get the O2 sensor readings not to fluctuate so widely. I never claimed to know better. All I said was "I thought" the normal range was smaller than it is. My statement of "I can be wrong," was a simple statement of the truth. I can be wrong. I often am.

If I had known it would start a flame war, I would never have asked.

Sheesh! Never mind about the highway mode fuel question!

David Haggard

   _____

From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Joe Simmons
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:23 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Closed loop

I can sympathize completely.....several years ago (Oh, God, more like 20+ years) I graduated from college with a BST in automotive service management, and went looking for a job in the auto industry.  Got stonewalled at every corner....not the right sex, not a minority, not enough documentable dealership experience......and this was in spite of the fact that I supported myself through college managing a radiator shop, mechanicing on the side, and also building (and running) several successful race cars.

Only job that I could get in management was with a convenience store chain for $18K/yr.

Never have used my major, but thankfully I had a minor in business.  Now am employed by the #2 US telephone company (thanks, SBC, for hiring me at 38 y/o) as a systems tech,fixing phones, cables, and making the $$$, without management headaches!  Been there 7 1/2 years, and hope to retire at 58.  Life is now good!

Joe S