[Gmecm] One E or two...

ahuxtable at sola.com.au ahuxtable
Tue May 17 03:00:01 UTC 2005

That's ALL I do!!!  I don't have an expensive programmer (well I do but
it's slow and a pain to use) but because I work with computers, I've
always got something lying around to flash my chips.

Basically, get a program called 'Uniflash' - http://www.uniflash.org I
think.

Grab your old pc and boot off a win98 boot disk with uniflash on it (not
a rescue disk)

Pull the BIOS chip and swap with the one you want to program (With the
PC ON)

Start uniflash and program away!

There is a minor downside to this - Uniflash will only allow you to
program with a binary the same size as the chip so you have to
buffer/stack the bin.

On my site I have my 'hack' way of using a 1mbit (32 pin) chip on a 28
pin 'socket'

http://come.to/escortheaven (under mods and EFI Conversion)

Happy to answer any questions

Enjoy.