[Gmecm] Re: MAF specs and MAP replacement.

Bobby Morgan rosankyauto
Fri May 20 01:10:02 UTC 2005

You are wasting your time.  All of this has already been done with $2.00
worth of Radio Shack parts.

Just thought I'd let you know so you can concentrate on school.

  _____

From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Michael Stephens
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 7:13 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] Re: MAF specs and MAP replacement.

Arent the wiring harnesses incombpatable.   I thought the MAF did alot of
other things the MAP did not.   Is it really just as easy as rewriting a
chip?

On 5/19/05, Michael Stephens <89iroc at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I might have asked this question before but I cant remember.   I am starting
to learn about microproccessors and I want to build a device that scraps the
MAF and uses MAP instead.  I know generally you have to change the whole
wireing harness but I would like to use MAP readings and create false MAF
readings on the output side of MAF.  I plan to slowly convert the functions
of the MAF over to the new device.   I primarily want to ditch the platinum
and heat sink fins in the unit.   So I know I need to make false air speed
and false temperature readings.

Anyone have any good idea about this.   I would love to eventually build
this device and sell it for around $100.   I am also thinking about adding a
O2 sensor LED readout on the device and two tuning knobs so you can play
with values a little bit.  Conceivably the device would hose clamp to the
side the MAF.

I am learning how to use an Atmel chip with 32 IO lines which should be
enough to pull data in from the O2 sensor and MAF and then put out analog
data to the MAf wires.

--
Michael Stephens

Electrical Engineering Student