[Gmecm] Re: Closed loop and stalling

Cowen captain_krill
Tue May 24 19:25:50 UTC 2005

Hello, I too had similar problems, for similar reasons
when swapping FI from a 2.8 to a 3.4.  With a 20%
bigger engine, it stands to reason it'd need more air
at idle.  Here's how several (most?) ECMs require the
idle stop screw set:

1.  Turn ignition on, do not start.  You'll hear the
IAC motor going, trying to extend the pintle
completely.
2.  With ignition still on, unplug the IAC.  Pintle is
extended, so IAC cannot pass air.  Throttle has
compete control over airflow.
3.  Start the engine, set idle to specs with the idle
screw.
4.  Shut off engine, clear ECM code (from IAC
"failure"), and plug in IAC again.
5.  Start, test, and hope that's all it was.

It worked a treat for me, especially clearing up a bog
off idle!  I set it back again to be sure, and my
guess is that the throttle and IAC conteract each
other at low throttle settings unless things are
set-up right.  Anyhow, swetting the idle stop properly
 so the IAC was happy had more than one good consequence.