[Gmecm] Introduction

Dave Jones hotrodder
Wed May 25 23:32:13 UTC 2005

Hi Jared,
I swapped my daily driver from CCC to TPI a few years back, for very similar
reasons.
Should be a fairly straightforward swap, and I'd expect it'll fire right up
and run decent with the F-body calibration you have.
Plenty of '8746 info in the DIY PROM and DFI & ECM forums at
www.thirdgen.org.
There is an '8746 disassembly, as well as plenty of other useful stuff, at
www.moates.net/fileman.  Look for a file called 61.zip
I'd expect the MAP sensor on your CCC car is actually a VAC sensor -- same
external appearance but very different output.
I vaguely recall the CCC knock sensor being different, but I can't remember
for sure.
I modified a junkyard GM harness for mine -- the underhood stuff was a
no-brainer; more time went into figuring out the connections between the new
engine harness and the existing underdash wiring, but that wasn't that
difficult either.  I'd suggest spending a little time with a continuity
meter and verify the actual wiring -- on mine, I found a couple of wires
worth of difference from the circuit diagrams in the GM FSM. Also, take good
notes on any changes you make from the OEM circuits; you may need them to
refresh your memory later on if you have to troubleshoot a problem or decide
to do further mods later on.

HTH,
Dave Jones
'96 Impala SS