[Gmecm] Re: Closed loop and stalling

Jay Vessels jay
Thu May 26 13:44:15 UTC 2005

Hi there!

A quick writeup I did a while back on setting minimum air and TPS voltage:

http://s-series.org/Sections-article1-p1.html

On some ECMs, jumper A&B with the ignition off.  Key on, the IAC will
extend fully (give it a few seconds).  I usually just unplug the IAC at
this time, then start the engine.  Set the throttle stop screw to your
base idle speed (ECM won't be able to make it idle slower than this,
only faster), shut it down, then set the TPS voltage appropriately.
Don't forget to plug everything back in!

You're shooting for a TPS closed throttle voltage of .5V.  There's a bit
of slop in that but every GM ECM I've seen that uses an adjustable TPS
will accept .5V +/- 0.05V as a closed throttle voltage.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 carb. (for now)