[Gmecm] Re: Closed loop and stalling

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Thu May 26 15:33:07 UTC 2005

yes, jump a-b then key-on-engine-off and you're in
diag, and when I set up TPS, I use factory spec from
manufacturer
most of them are right around 0.55Volt +/- .05Volt as
I recall, but always check.

tidbit, the IAC on most cars is a stepper motor,
meaning it needs pulses from the ECM to move, so if
the ECM isn't running it won't move, ie pulling the
fuse to the ECM won't do it. Also, there are some
startup specs on some cars for the installation of the
pintle as far as preset depth, etc. I've always on the
GM's just used the ECM process, though.

HTH, good luck