[Gmecm] Stupid BCM tricks?

WopOnTour wopontour
Sun Nov 13 23:26:35 UTC 2005

2003 and newer GMT800 have a totally different BCM with different "tricks" than the older, les functional models. Not much hope of making it any way as capable without a significant swap project and one likely riddles with numerous "hurdles" due to things like theft deterrent and J1850 (Class 2) compatibility.
Regards
WopOnTour

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jake
  To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:29 AM
  Subject: [Gmecm] Stupid BCM tricks?

  I'm certain this doesn't apply directly to this group, but I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction...  I have a 2000 Suburban and want to change some features of the vehicle relating to power window and door lock behavior.  My mom's 2006 Tahoe can roll all the windows down with a one-touch control, and she can change which locks unlock or lock with the key on/off from her 'driver information center' on the dash.  It seems to me that these functions are more of a PCM / BCM program change and I'm trying to find out how to access that for my 2000, but not having any luck so far.

  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

  Also, I have been looking at PCM software for the 2000.  Am I correct in thinking that this is an LS1?  If so, what is the easiest software to learn for 'beginner' tinkering and tweaks?

  Thanks,

     Jake Kooser
                  Field Engineer
  Maritime Telecommunications Network