[Gmecm] SAturn engine swap

Dustin Lof bubblesjrtwo
Mon Nov 14 01:09:16 UTC 2005

Steve, leave the trans in the car and save the big ATF
mess on the floor.  If my memory serves you need to
take the right side axles out (2 piece), stuff a rag
in the hole so no oil escapes. Then remove the torque
converter and bellhousing bolts, and all the other
stuff on the motor. once your picker is set where you
want it slip a floor jack under to support the trans
and up and out you go

all the advice I have read will work but a pro would
do it this way.  probally 6hrs for a clean used motor

as for the engine compartment simply cake. I think the
ac compressor and hoses will lay off to the side so
there is no need to worry about that.

there is a large subframe under the car like a Grand
Prix, Bonneville or a Tauras, so out the bottom is a
lot of work, unless you are changing just the trans or
a clutch then it is the best.

I dont reccomend taking a motor out the bottom unless
it is a cadillac (not all models) or a v6 in a ford
contur those are the only times it was best for
me.(unless it is something I am making junk out of)

Let me know if you need any specs or actulal technical
info I can print it at work, scan and email to you,
but later this week, I am off next couple of days for
my first baby to be born.  Dustin lof