[Gmecm] Putting the computer in the engine compartment?

Jay Vessels jay
Sat Nov 26 01:44:29 UTC 2005

Hi there!

mark krawczuk wrote:
> hi,  what about using silicone to seal ?

Silicone would work fine for the box but you're still going to have
water travel down each individual wire.  The ECM connectors aren't
weatherproof.  You might get away with filling the connector shells with
silicone but then you couldn't unplug the connectors!  Filling the
shells without the connection already made would be difficult -- it
would be hard to seal the individual pin cavities without affecting the
connectivity of the pins and the shells.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)