Ang: RE: [Gmecm] New ROM-code in a 1227747?

Per Lonnborg perlon
Sat Nov 26 10:54:45 UTC 2005

Wow!
That was an impressing project going on over there, a complete new TBI-code with better options than in many new EFI-system it seems!

This was a bit more than I had plans for though, so I will ask again if there is a possibility at all to change the onboard ROM with
"something else"?

On Ludis pages there are instructions to dump the ROM-content into a computer, so I guess the hard part is to replace
that stock ROM chip. What chip is that btw?

I might add that I am quite new to both diy-efi and assembler programming, so maybe some of my
questions seems strange!

Thanks,

/Per

>--------------------------------
>Fr?n: turbotuneusltd at triad.rr.com
>Datum: 2005-nov-25 14:46
>Till: "Per Lonnborg"<perlon at passagen.se>, <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
>?rende: RE: [Gmecm] New ROM-code in a 1227747?
>
>Check out this link...
>

>    http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321767
>
>Much more than just a code change, but if that is what you want,
then that
>forum is a very good place to learn how to make changes. If you search the
>archives you might find what you want to do has
already been done.

>Mark

it common/possible out there to insert altered ROM-code in a "new" ROM to
>get new funtionality in my TBI?
>
>My plan is to use the
>EGR
(A4) and/or the EAC(C2) outputs to regulate my electric radiator fan