[Gmecm] SAturn engine swap

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Mon Nov 28 04:58:18 UTC 2005

Little tilt huh? Then why need the load tilter? I would like to see any virgin engine get pulled out of a fwd car in less than 1 hour without breaking anything in the process. Now offence Jeff but what you are describing time wise is just not possible. Maybe you could tilt the motor enough to get it out the top. But that is still a lot of work. I'll stick to dropping them out the bottom.

  Oh, by the way I live in Utah. And I need to pull the motor out of my donor truck this weekend before it snows again. I would like to see pictures of how much tilt it take to get these out the top though.

  Just for the record, Cinder blocks stacked in a pyramid with the open end up and 2x4 on top to keep the pinchweld from digging into the mortar are far more stable than any jackstand out there. Something about a wider base....