[Gmecm] Reasonable configuration?

Eddie Sheffield eddie_sheffield
Wed Oct 12 01:15:39 UTC 2005

Bit of a newbie here, so please bear with me. I'm in the process of
collecting donor parts for a Stalker V6 kit car. I have a 3.4L V6 from
a 93 Camaro I'll be using and would like to run TBI on it. I know a
number of people do this swapping this engine into S-10s, running
either a 4.3L V6 TB on it or at least swapping the 4.3 injectors into
the 2.8 TB. Either way they keep the stock 1227429 or 1228062 ECM and
chip. I don't want to keep the stock MPFI from the Camaro since it
doesn't seem to really allow much in the way of performance swaps (esp.
cams) and tuning.

Since I'm starting with a clean slate however, can I run the 1227747
with this engine, perhaps using the 4.3L V6 chip (and wiring harness?)
as a starting point? I'm wanting to do this due to the wealth of '747
hacking info out there. I see the '062 is supported by TunerCat though,
so I could go that way if need be.

Also, can I use the DIS from a 3.4L Camaro? From what I've been able to
gather, it seems that the interface is the same as the HEI distributor
interface.

One final question - is there a good reference for learning how to
tune? Not the mechanics of installing the EFI, burning chips, etc. But
rather more along the lines of "If you want your engine to do this,
tweak these values up or down." Tuning theory, kind of.

Thanks!

Eddie