[Gmecm] Cruise Ideas and Ostrich/Pocket Romulator

Cowen captain_krill
Sat Sep 10 00:51:56 UTC 2005

Hey folks, I'm about to buy all the programming tools.
 Anyone have opinions on the relative merits of the
Ostrich vs the Pocket-ROMulator?

Also, after I swapped MPFI for the carb on my 3.4l V6,
the cruise control is overly aggressive.  It appears
to be happening because the MPFI throttle plate is
operated by a shorter lever arm that the old carb was,
so the same distance traveled by the cruise control
cable results in much more aggressive throttle inputs!
 I know this isn't really a GM-EFI question, but the
good people reading this newsletter have a variety of
automotive/electronic interests.  I've been searching
for info on fine tuning how the cruise control acts,
and I've reached the end of the line.  I've had little
success with Google and Metacrawler, does anyone have
any suggestions on how to fix one of the very few
problems with the MPFI installation?  Suggestions on
where else to look?  Thanks.
Duncan