[Gmecm] Cruise Ideas and Ostrich/Pocket Romulator

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Sat Sep 10 04:21:15 UTC 2005

> Also, after I swapped MPFI for the carb on my 3.4l V6,
> the cruise control is overly aggressive.  It appears
> to be happening because the MPFI throttle plate is
> operated by a shorter lever arm that the old carb was,
> so the same distance traveled by the cruise control
> cable results in much more aggressive throttle inputs!
>  I know this isn't really a GM-EFI question, but the
> good people reading this newsletter have a variety of
> automotive/electronic interests.  I've been searching
> for info on fine tuning how the cruise control acts,
> and I've reached the end of the line.  I've had little
> success with Google and Metacrawler, does anyone have
> any suggestions on how to fix one of the very few
> problems with the MPFI installation?  Suggestions on
> where else to look?  Thanks.
> Duncan

I have this same behavior on my S-10 blazer after swapping the 2.8 for a
350.  I'm still using the original cruise module.  I always thought that
the V8 module would be less aggressive but have never gotten around to
trying one.  So you might try one from the MPFI engine and let us know
if it works.  Or David's suggestion of modifying the orifices sounds
good (and cheap).

--steve