[Gmecm] Fuel economy

Darrell ndarrell
Wed Sep 14 04:39:31 UTC 2005

Hi guys:

I've been lurking for a long time, absorbing what I can.  Now that
gas is $5.00 a gallon, I figured it was about time to raise the fuel
economy issue.

I have an 87 2.8l V6, and I figure I can get better economy out of it
with a little tuning.  I figured to put in a better exhaust system,
with bigger pipe, and perhaps a better induction system.  Already
have a K+N.

I believe this car has a 727 ECM, but I'm not sure.  Anyone have any
ideas for improving the Gas mileage?  Anyone have any pre-modified
prom code which is optimized for economy?

I notice that this car has a MAF, but my wife's 3.1l (which is
virtually identical engine) a few years newer does not.  Is there any
advantage in using the non-MAF system?