[Gmecm] '730, '749, '727 EPROM image/memcal compatibility?

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Thu Sep 15 17:01:04 UTC 2005

I've been reading a bit about these ECMs, and I have some doubts:

Can I interchange the BIN image of any EPROM from that ECM family to any other
ECM from that family, and expect to run with the pinout the new BIN's
original ECM had?

What if I have a 32KB ECM, and I want to burn a 16 KB image from other? Just
double the 16KB image?

And the resistor network from a very different app? what happens if I want to
use a memcal from a 8cyl to make a 6cyl adaption or even 4cyl? (I don't care
about the detonation sensor filter circuitry).

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.