[Gmecm] Re: Fuel economy

gary gas-
Thu Sep 15 20:40:56 UTC 2005

> > I can also tell you that you can change the switch point on the
> > 02 sensor to a higher or lower afr.

I'd like you to explain how this is possible.

> Yeah, the 02 sensor goes down to nothing!

But that is not changing the switch point of the sensor, is it?

> I can tell you that before I had the wb I used to try to go leaner and
> the fuel economy goes down when it gets so lean that it lean misfires!

Lean misfire... After my previous posts on this subject, no point to
going there.  However, isn't it possible one (or some) cylinder(s) are
going 'dead' from too lean a mixture to burn before others, or do you
believe all cylinders have the same exact AFR?

GAS