[Gmecm] Re: Fuel Economy

David Allen davida1
Sat Sep 17 02:24:16 UTC 2005

 Lets see- next modification.... Add the dual 120 amp CS-144 alternators...
to power the 2.5KW inverter.... to simultaneously run the 3 laptop PC's,
EPROM burner, UV eraser, soldering iron, WBO2 controller, satellite intenet
hookup (for technical support) and cell phone charger (for even more serious
technical support). :-)

David

----- Original Message -----
From: gary
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Re: Fuel Economy

> I was responding to Darrell....
>> No No No!  You can't run a wide band in place of a narrow band..

Mark, I understood to whom you were responding to.  I merely
corrected your previous statement.  I'm confident with a lot of
WB software, your statement will hold true however.

> Interesting idea about using a WBO2 sensor, has anyone actually tried
> this?  I mean replacing a stock NB with a WB on a stock computer?

:confused:  Well, sure.  Why else would I post it?  :)  On numerous
vehicles/OEM PCMs, both foreign and domestic.  To avoid CEL on
some (domestic) vehicles it is necessary to simulate O2 heater
circuit with resisters however.

> That in combination with changing the voltage threshold may allow
> you to set the AFR to a slightly leaner mixture overall.

 Yes!  That is what precisely has been done, richer or leaner.  Details
can be found (with search feature) on forum section of link provided.

GAS

Well, you are right, second times the charm.  Thank you for
responding anyway, and getting a little action going on the thread.
A lot of this information will be useful, thanks to all who posted on
the topic.  Some of it went way over my head, but I'm here to learn.

Interesting idea about using a WBO2 sensor, has anyone actually tried
this?  I mean replacing a stock NB with a WB on a stock computer?
That in combination with changing the voltage threshold may allow you
to set the AFR to a slightly leaner mixture overall."

Mark