[Gmecm] New to list and ECM programming

Kenneth R Zink II hellcat1
Sun Sep 18 06:05:01 UTC 2005

Hello All,

Just thought I would introduce myself to the list.  My name is Kenneth Zink (AKA Hellcat) and I'm starting my research on DIY-EFI for my vehicles.  Some of you may know me (or of me) from S-Series.Org.

I have the following vehicles that I'm looking to learn how to program

1985 Chevy S10 Blazer - FireStorm (will be using a TEC3 to control an Olds 455).
1987 GMC S15 - Hurricane (currently in pieces awaiting completion of FireStorm).
1983 Buick Regal - Black Beast (with 87 GN Intercooled turbo 3.8L) Highly modified for drag racing only.
2001 Chevy S10 Ext cab - Black Beauty (OBDII - Has a 4.3L/4L60E and looking to get LS1Edit to tune)
2001 GMC Jimmy (My dad's - same 4.3L 4L60E setup as my '01 S10)

I have a new laptop (AMD Turion 64 ML-37 based) that I will be using to do all my programming that is running WinXP Pro and now need the software and hardware to doing the actual programming.  I would greatly appreciate some feedback on where I should start reading up on how to program and the equipment I will need.

Thanks.

Kenneth R Zink II
Hellcat Racing Founder (http://hellcatracing.kicks-ass.net)
H.A.S.T.E. Member # S1 (http://www.H-A-S-T-E.com)
'01 Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab (Black Beauty) ...4.3L powered Daily Driver (for now)
'85 Chevy S-10 Blazer (FireStorm) ...soon to be a 461 CID Olds powered monster!!!
'87 GMC S-15 Ext cab pickup (Hurricane)  ...Hopefully 3.8L Turbo Buick powered drag-truck when FireStorm is completed.
Living, Working and Racing by the Grace of God!!