[Gmecm] MAP troubleshooting.

Tali Orlov tashutali
Wed Sep 21 11:32:53 UTC 2005

HI all.

 I am now in the process of converting my Jeep CJ8 carbureted 258 to EFI.

I bought at the junk-yard TBI system from GMC Safari truck, 1989 , 4.3 V6 .

 I connected my laptop to the ECM with ALDL I/F , and I saw that the MAP
sensor was giving a constant value. 4.4 Volt.

I did not connected the MAP sensor vacuum port to the TBI yet because I am
waiting for the manifold adapter, but I gave vacuum to the sensor with my
mouth and also by connecting it with a hose to the bottom of the carburetor,
below the throttles.

 no response from the sensor.

 The junk yard owner gave me another Map sensor but the results are the
same.

 I also checked the signal voltage with a multimeter and I get a constant
4.4 volt.

There is 5 volt reference signal to the sensor.

 Do I do something wrong or I got two bad sensors?

 Thanks.

 Hanan.