[Gmecm] Help with unusual BLM's

Randy & Gene gene.mcdonald
Fri Apr 7 04:08:35 UTC 2006

     Ours was over the motor, behind the power steering and alternator..heck
of a thing to get off....the foil covering the ground wire and two signal
wires was corroded in several locations. Like I said before , the tach was
all over the place...sure is nice to have fixed it ourselves......after
dropping about $2000 Cdn to garages...it's nice to know GM fixed it...Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dustin Lof" <bubblesjrtwo at yahoo.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Help with unusual BLM's

Gene, did the crank sensor harness go over the motor,
or under the motor?  Gm has released an updated
harness for the 2.8 and 3.1 liter engines that gets
routed under the motor to avoid electrical
interference from the alternator and the plug wires
leading to the rear bank.  I am not sure what year,
but they finally routed it that way on assembly.

Dustin Lof